In October Pocket App’s CEO Paul Swaddle will be joining hundreds of other IT professional sleeping rough for Byte Night. This is an IT industry event in aid of Action For Children, a charity dedicated to trying to prevent child homelessness and assist those homeless to find a better life. Having seen the emotional stories of some of the individuals Action For Children support Paul felt the need to take some action to support this excellent charity and will be sleeping rough on 5 Oct, and we’re looking for sponsorship.
So what is the fund raising in aid of? Byte Night is in its fifteenth year and is the biggest single event benefiting Action for Children. Last year Byte Night raised a record £700,000 despite the downturn, and in total has now raised over £3.5 million for Action for Children’s vital work to help prevent youth homelessness.
Action for Children is not just about a bed for the night and a hot meal, it’s helping neglected kids get back on their feet. Enabling them to learn the life skills that we all take for granted and their parents never taught them. Action for Children gives young people the ability to be independent, to gain confidence and their self-esteem. It’s tough work but a worthy cause with many happy outcomes.
You can help Paul and Action For Children in a number of ways:
- Sponsor Paul at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/paulswaddle
- Or simply text ACTION to 70800 to donate £5 from your mobile.
- Buy a ticket to the Charity Wine Tasting I am organising in Reading on 5 July, only £25, and 100% will be going to Charity.
- Donate a prize for a raffle or auction – we had great prizes from store vouchers, to a box at Reading Football Club!
- Or just ask us about sleeping out on Byte Night, and get involved.